Tuesday, March 5, 2013

CTRL Event

I'm going to be hosting an event at my school for a project in my Design Factory class. The "design" work is the organization of the event itself, including corresponding with outside organizations and designing promotional material for the event. For a topic, I chose to make the event about media reform. It's an issue that I feel strongly about - I think the media and our addiction to it fuels many bigger problems in our society, and we continually try to address individual problems instead of getting to the heart of the matter. I've been in contact with members of freepress.net, one of the country's most prominent media reform organizations whose headquarters is in Boston. They're helping by recommending prominent figures to invite to the school, and suggested the idea of a film screening to help draw people to the event.

I'll go into more detail about the event in the near future. For now, this is the first poster design I've come up with for the event. I've chosen to name the even CTRL, to emphasize the importance of what's being portrayed in the media and by whom.


No comments:

Post a Comment