Monday, March 4, 2013

Esente Internship week 6, Monday


Last week (Monday), I spent the first part of the day conducting internet research developing a lead list for Onpoint media concerning healthcare companies in the Lawrence, MA area. Ron held a short meeting in which he stressed the desire to get our media lists finished up for every state.

I had already finished my first media list (VT), and was assigned a second list (PA) that someone had already been working on. I whined a little last week about how sloppy and chaotic it was (the girl who was working on it left the company). I finished sorting out all of the newspapers and filled in the ones that she missed from USNPL. I then spent some time sorting through the college radio stations & newspapers that she had found, and again filled in the blanks she had left. Finally, I spent a bit of extra time on the list adding some of the local TV news stations to the list, independent stations in particular, but also including many corporate stations.

I felt pretty good about the list being finished, and moved on to my anti drunk driving posters. I made a little bit of progress on one of them, but the day was almost over when I started. Earlier in the day, Tim and I got to show the other interns our design work for the first time. We showed our anti bullying posters and I also showed my examples of Becca Levy's fan art. The other interns didn't have much to say, sort of what I expected. Critiques are hard even for art students, so I imagined not many people would be too willing to throw in their 2 cents. Amanda made up for the silence and offered some great & productive feedback, though. I think overall the work was well received, which could also be why there were crickets chirping after Tim and I briefly spoke about the projects.

I was out on Wednesday due to a dental emergency. I had broken a part of one of my upper molars a while back & have been avoiding taking care of it for the time being, hoping that I could handle it after I graduate since I don't have dental insurance. Unfortunately, another piece broke on Tuesday night while I was eating some cereal before bed. Teeth breaking are like a nightmare come true for me, so I freaked out and had to deal with it the next day, missing both school and work. I'm fine now, but have to go back next week to get the rest of the tooth pulled - not looking forward to that.

- Ian Corrigan
Graphic Design Intern
Montserrat College of Art

No comments:

Post a Comment