Monday, February 18, 2013

Esente Week 4, Monday

On Wednesday of last week, I started the day off conducting internet research for a lead list comrpised of Medical Equipment businesses, Non-classifiables and Insurance companies in Brookline, MA. Since I had finished my Vermont media list, I moved on to working on our national anthem project. We're trying to develop a system in order to help us book national anthem gigs for our client Becca Levy, who is the national spokesperson for the Right Now anti-bullying campaign.

I was put on a team that was assigned to the states of PA, KY and OH, and was given division II teams to research. I found a list of all NCAA division II college teams in the country and sorted it according to state. I then visited every PA/KY/OH school's official athletics website and tracked down contact info for their athletic directors, creating a well organized Google spreadsheet. I also noted the contact info for anyone whose position sounded relevant - facilities coordinators, special events coordinators, etc. I then tracked down what information I could about NCAA division II championship games through the NCAA's official website.

I then repeated this process for the NAIA, although the only division II teams in the NAIA are basketball teams - every other sport is division I only. I collected all of them regardless (I noticed the person in charge of division I teams hadn't found the NAIA teams yet, so I figured I might as well while I was there.) Today, Manta was down when I first came in, so I spent a few minutes finishing up my division II list until Manta came back online.

For the rest of the day on Weds, I did some work on my Becca Levy fanart. I got it to a better place than it was before and I'm starting to feel good about it, though it needs a bit more work still. Maybe on Wednesday I'll post a draft version on the blog.

- Ian Corrigan
Graphic Design Intern
Montserrat College of Art

No comments:

Post a Comment