Monday, February 11, 2013

Internship Week 3 at Esente Music Group



On Wednesday last week I worked on conducting internet research developing a lead list for E-Commerce and IT Outsourcing companies in Boston, MA. The interns had a meeting regarding Esente's client Becca Levy's upcoming YouTube video release.

We then focused on figuring out an efficient way of researching and organizing some gigs for Becca singing the national anthem at various high profile sporting events across the country. I was put on a team of interns whose job it was to research who exactly should be contacted to organize such an event, and focused on college sports teams in Kentucky, Ohio and Pennsylvania. To make the work easier, we divided the system into parts, including major leagues, minor leagues, college divisions 1, 2 and 3, and high school championships.

I spent the day looking up college division 2 teams. My system involved finding the NCAA Wikipedia page which led me to a list of all division 2 teams in the country. I was able to sort the list by state, and visited the official websites of every college on the list for KY, OH and PA. I created a Google spreadsheet that included the contact info of every athletic director from each of those schools, as well as any additional relevant contacts that I could find. I also began some research on local, state level tournaments and championship games.

- Ian Corrigan
Graphic Design Intern
Montserrat College of Art

No comments:

Post a Comment